Summer beauty checklist
1. Brow shaping: Ever wondered how to pull off a polished no-makeup look in hot summer weather? The answer is well-maintained eyebrows! Your brows frame your face, and a well-groomed pair is the foundation to any fresh-faced look. Get them professionally shaped (and tinted if you need to fill in any gaps with powder or pencil), and you'll be amazed at what a difference it makes. A Lash Tint, Brow Shape & Tint is only $70, definitely worth the investment this Summer. If you're looking for a great pencil to fill any gaps, then The BrowGal Pencil with its built-in sharpener is a must-have.
2. Lash tint: A summer's day is not complete without a dip in the pool or a swim in the sea but with water comes the risk of streaky mascara – not a good summer look. While today's waterproof mascaras work wonders, why not do away with it altogether? Having your lashes tinted before you go on holiday will give your eyes the definition you want and the freedom to go makeup-free, so all you have to do is relax. We recommend building up the colour on your lashes before the beach starts calling your name, having four, three weekly tints to help your lashes stay darker for longer, you can also add on a Lash tint to any of our Facials for only $25.00!
3. Hair removal: The most essential summer beauty duty of them all has to be hair removal. If you're already dreading the monthly waxing sessions and subsequent unsightly regrowth period, it might be time to consider a more long-term solution. IPL (intense pulsed light) permanently reduces unwanted dark hair on the face and body (including underarms, bikini line and legs). IPL works best if you have fair or medium-toned skin because the light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair and converted to heat, which destroys the follicle and prevents the hair growing back. A summer tan (and even fake tan) will make IPL less efficient as it will struggle to identify the hair pigment against darker skin, making winter the best time to start treatment. So if you want to have a smooth summer and ditch your shaver then there is still time to "Be Hair Free" with our best IPL offer, Buy 1, get one free. Available until 31st August.
4. Pedicare: We are all guilty of neglecting our feet over winter while they are tucked away in beautiful boots but come Summer cracked, dry heels are unsightly and can cause pain when wearing sandals or open back shoes. Get a head start on sandal season by having in- salon pedicures to prepare the skin on your feet for sun, sand and fun this Summer. Pedicures not only help improve the appearance of your feet but they are also a great way to boost circulation. We love Pure Fiji’s Luxurious Spa Pedicare, 1hr of heaven for the feet for only $99. You can also give your heals a nourishing overnight treatment at home by applying Pure Fiji's Body Butter and slipping on an old pair of socks before bed.
5. Essential Fats: These have numerous functions in the body, from helping to make up cell membranes to hormone production, vitamin absorption, energy storage and insulation Omega’s are one of the most powerful resources we have to enhance skin cell function and increase our overall wellness. Over Summer our skin can be affected by many factors, UV exposure, air conditioning, humidity, and the often increased alcohol consumption at parties and events. Taking a daily dose of “good fats” like Omega 3+ help support your skin’s essential functions such as regeneration, this means your less likely to feel and see the long-term effects of a great Summer on your skin. Our go-to is Advanced Nutrition Programme's Omega 3 +; they hold a Friend of the Sea certificate, so you can be sure the omega 3 is sourced using methods that conserve marine habitats and resources.