IF YOU'RE FEELING STRESSED AND FATIGUED, CHANCES ARE IT WILL BE SHOWING ON YOUR FACE.
Puffy eyes, dark circles, and dry, dull skin are all signs you're burning the candle at both ends. Keeping a simple skincare routine means you will actually do it as well as improve your skin! Here's a simple checklist to get you looking your best for the party season ahead:
1. Cleanse: Your skin will repay you for that big night out by looking blotchy, oily and dull. The first step in a simple and effective skincare routine is to cleanse twice a day. Throughout the day your skin is continually exposed to pollutants, dirt, and bacteria. Cleansing your face is the first building block to how all your other skincare works, without removing all these daily impurities your other products struggle to penetrate. A great all skin type cleanser is Ultraceuticals Balancing Gel Cleanser, it leaves your skin feeling fresh and calm with a smooth after feel. RRP $65,200ml. Available in clinic only.
2. Exfoliate: Your next step is to try regular exfoliation once or twice a week with Pure Fiji Exfoliating Scrub. This well-balanced face scrub will remove dead skin cells, clean out dirty pores and reveal the fresh layers of good skin underneath.
3. Correct: A correcting serum is the workhorse of any skincare routine. Using a serum underneath your moisturiser can target and correct certain skin concerns. We recommend coming in for a Skin Consult with one of About Man's Skin Experts to help determine which serum is best to treat your concerns. Book in now.
4. Use an eye cream: A good eye cream is a man's secret weapon against dry and ageing skin. Apply twice a day after you cleanse, to nourish, hydrate and smooth the skin around your eyes. Try Environs VitA - Peptide Eye Gel, this eye gel contains essential vitamins, antioxidants and specially selected peptides for use on the delicate and sensitive eye area. It assists in hydrating the skin and minimising the appearance of fine lines, helping skin to look younger for longer. RRP $110, available in clinic only.
5. Hydrate and Protect: During the day while your in and out of the office keep it simple by using a moisturiser with SPF, we recommend Ultraceuticals Mattifying SPF 30+, RRP $79.00. If your job requires you to be outdoors or you're on the boat over the weekend then you will need to use something more grunty like EltaMD UV Pure Water-Resistant Face & Body Physical Sunscreen SPF 47 RRP $60.00. No, you don't want to use an SPF at night so grabbing a nourishing night moisturiser to help restore balance to your skin while you sleep is a good idea. Some of our favourites are Ultra Hydrating Lotion, RRP $ 95 or Environ's AVST range which starts at RRP $81.00, both available in clinic only.
If your unsure what products are right for your skin type and concerns, then come in and speak to us! We will help guide you in the right direction and streamline a skincare routine that's simple, effective and most of all doable! Book in now.