What is LED Light Therapy?
Light therapy is a safe, painless, non-invasive treatment using light of different wavelengths. Light therapy stimulates natural processes to rejuvenate the skin and is used to treat many skin concerns including acne, ageing, skin healing and psoriasis. Light therapy is the result of years of medical research in the UK and is now extensively used by medical professionals worldwide.
How will it improve my skin?
The light chosen for your treatment will differ depending on your skin concern:
- Revive helps minimise the signs of ageing by stimulating the skin’s natural production of collagen. It is particularly effective at restoring the cells back to optimum health and detoxifies, plumps up, hydrates and soothes the skin naturally.
- Plus stimulates tissue remodelling and improves collagen production which accelerates the wound-healing response. This leads to a softening of lines, wrinkles and crows’ feet.
- Blue targets the bacteria that cause the redness and inflammation of acne. It destroys the bacteria without damaging normal tissues and works with the body’s natural processes to heal and restore skin back to health. Combined Revive, as well as skin peels, this powerful alternative to harmful drugs can deliver excellent results for acne sufferers.
Who does it suit?
LED Light Therapy is ideal for anyone of any age and skin tone who is looking for a natural, pain-free, non-invasive treatment to improve the look of their skin. It treats ageing around eyes, improves vitality and luminosity in dull skin and dry skin, smoothes and freshens even the most sensitive skin, treats acne breakouts and blackheads, rosacea and psoriasis. Skin looks radiant and fresh, wrinkles and fine lines are plumped out and firmness is improved. LED Light therapy is also ideal wedding prep for brides who want to glow on their special day.
Plus light therapy reduces healing times. When used before or after laser treatments such as Fraxel and Clear + Brilliant, IPL or surgery it greatly reduces the side effects and speeds up the time your tissues take to regenerate.
What happens during treatment?
We cleanse the skin before the treatment and place small goggles on the eyes. The light will then be positioned close to your face for 30 minutes. During treatment you will experience a pleasant, warm feeling not dissimilar to lying in the sun, but without the damaging effects! The treatment is safe and harmless to your skin and is not painful. While the light works its magic, you’ll enjoy a dollop of pampering with soothing massage.
How many treatments do I need and how often?
For optimum results, a course of treatments is usually prescribed with occasional maintenance treatments to prolong the results. We recommend seven Light Therapies, a Microdermabrasion or Skin Peel and a Power of Three Facial over about three weeks.
What will my skin look like immediately afterwards?
Your skin will be instantly glowing and your skin will continue to improve, even after your course has ended. Typical results are an improvement in skin tone, clarity and smoothness, as well as softening of fine lines and wrinkles.
With Blue light for treatment of acne, best results are usually seen four to eight weeks after completing the course, with studies showing over 80% of acne lesions cleared.
How long will it last?
We recommend an annual course for optimum skin health.
How much is a course?
Our 'Glow' Package includes seven Light Therapies, a Microdermabrasion or Skin Peel and a Power of Three Facial for $1,050 (or 10% deposit then $18.17 per week on our easy payment plan.)
Learn more about our direct debit option which allows you to pay off your course over 12 months.
LED Light Therapy is also part of the following About Face facials:
- Skin-Changing Facial 50 minutes, $189
- The Power of Three 75 minutes, $259
- Light Therapy can be added to any facial as a booster for $85 or taken as one standalone treatment for $125